Re: R-12 to R-134a Retrofit; was Re: IML: Change Over for 1975 AutoTemp

Re: R-12 to R-134a Retrofit; was Re: IML: Change Over for 1975 AutoTemp

Brad Hogg <luxoliner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Elijah.  Were you able to find a "kit" that included the required O rings?
Hey Brad,

The conversion kits I have purchased only had the fittings, oil charge, and refrigerant.

However, I bought a nifty little box of O-rings at Advance Auto Parts that had all of the O-rings in the correct sizes for the system.  The O-rings specified R-134a compatibility, and were green rather than black.  The box had several of different sizes.  It's been about 3 years ago, but it seems like there were about 20 rings in the box, and it cost less than $10 (probably more like $5).  They had several different boxes of these hanging on the rack behind the counter.

I'd say just ask at your favorite store for R-134a compatible O-rings.  :o)

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron