From: Joe [mailto: joestill1@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:22:16 +0000
Subject: Re: IML: Question of the Day

Well, THAT is quite a list. You have a broad range of interest!

I had heard of Stanley only through the Classic Car magazines and I haven't heard mention of a Pierce Arrow in a very long time.

--

Joe

From: "Christopher Middlebrook"
That is one of those fun what if questions. I must say Joe, I would probably fill up this e-mail with a huge list, but in order to keep it as short as possible, here is my wish list if I had a huge wallet and just as huge of a warehouse space:

Stuff most of us are familiar with:

* Any Imperial from 1960 to 1972 with emphasis on some favorites like the Mobile Directors, Ghias, and Le Barons.
* Any Chrysler product from 1956 to 1962.
* Any Pierce Arrow from 1910 to 1935.
* Any Duesenberg from 1932-34.
* Any Packard from 1930 to 1940 with a special interest in the 1940 Darrin.
* Any Cadillac from 1930 to 1970. But in particular the 57-58 Edorado Brougham, and any one built in the even years of the 60's.
* Any 4 door convertible Lincoln from 1962 to 1964. And a particular interest in the 1941 Continental, 1956-57 Mark II, and 1968-70 Mark III.
* Any station wagon built between 1960 and 1972. In particular the early 60's Chrysler wagons and the 71 72 Oldsmobile Custom Cruisers.
* 1963-64 and 71-72 Buick Rivieras.
* 1960 Pontiac Catalina.

Muscle cars:
(Not too many, there are too many other nice cars out there that need attention)

* Any AMC muscle car, in particular SC Rambler and The Machine.
* 1970 Dodge Challenger
* Any Chrysler 300, faavorites are the 59, 61, and 69 300H.
* Hang Ten edition Dodge Demon.

Stuff most of us may not be familiar with:

* 1908-1915 Stanley
* 1903-1918 Cadillac
* 1908-1910 Buick
* 1957-62 Citroen DS 21
* 1959-64 Mercedes Benz 300 SL
* 1969-72 Lamborghini Espada
* 1959-63 Ferrari Superamerica
* 1968-70 Porshce 911 / 912
* 1970-72 Porsche 914
* 1970-1972 BMW 2002
* 1962-64 Ford Cortina
* Any AMC car under license by a designer such as Oleg Cassini or Pierre Cardin.

Tow vehicle:

A nicely restored 70's Dodge or Plymouth van with the prerequisite fish eye window in the back.
And a Wells Cargo trailer painted to match.

Chris Middlebrook
1962 Custom Southampton

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com