IML: Please Welcome Brian Scribner

New Subscriber(s): Brian Scribner
Email Address is: bscribner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Temporarily  stationed in Italy

Car(s) owned: 1965 4 door crown imperial. White with gold interior.

Self-Introduction: I used to do demolition derbies. (I hear the booing and hissing already) I have since weaned myself off of that evil habit and started keeping a few of the old 'C' Bodies and restoring them. I have an 68 Monaco station wagon that I have turned into a street rod.

The last time I was home on leave, I went by a house where another guy that does demolition derbies lives and saw my future Imperial on his trailer. The old crown had a perfect body on it, and the chrome still looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. Mice had gotten to the interior and it was rather ratty, but other than that it was a clean looking car on the outside. He said he got it out in western Nebraska somewhere from an old man who was to old to drive anymore. It had been stored in a garage for the last few years.

When he told me he was going to strip it and kill it, I about fell over. It took me quite a few days of talking to him, begging, threatening, and finally a lot of cash to get him to part with it.

Since I was on leave, I only had 2 days to find somewhere to store it before I had to go back to Europe. It took me 3 hours of replacing wires, replacing the carborator,and redoing a couple brake lines and she fired up and purred for me. The guy I got it from had to do a double take as I drove it past his house and honked and waved. I felt bad as I drove it into a storage garage and locked the door.

I won't get a chance to really look at it or work on it for another 2 years yet, but I have all kinds of plans. I want to redo the white paint to a lustery pearl white, and if it still has an original numbers matching engine I will redo the engine and make this car as close to original as I can. If the engine has been replaced sometime in its life, well...I have 2 years to save up for a crate hemi. LOL.

My plans for this vehicle are to possibly make a show car, and to drive it to demolition derbies, and show the guys what can become of these old classics instead of destroying them.