IML: Please Welcome Graham Quimby

New Subscriber(s): Graham Quimby Email Address is: ghquimby@xxxxxxx Member Location: Southeast PA,/Northern Delaware

Car(s) owned: I am buying a 1962 Crown coupe. It is tan,(not sure what the color is called) with an almost copper colored interior (not sure what the color is called either) and tan leather seats.

Self-Introduction: This is my first classic car. I love Virgil Exner’s beautiful Forward Look cars, and while 1962 was not a year designed by Exner, a lot of his influence shows up in the 1962 Imperial. I think the mini fins, "gun sight" taillights, and "lollipop" headlights of the 1962 Imperial make it one of the coolest cars ever built. I came across an older gentleman with a 1962 Imperial coupe covered in dust sitting in his garage. He was willing to sell it.

I don't know how to work on cars (yet), so I was extremely fortunate that I found an Imperial with a straight body and in running condition. So far, the only thing wrong with the car is there is a small dent on the passenger side above the headlight. A local body shop said they could fix it, but where do I find a new turn signal lens and possibly the chrome trim above the turn signal lens? The car has been sitting in a garage for years and it needs new tires. What size radials fit on a 1962 Imperial?

I’ve found the Imperial Club’s website extremely helpful for doing research, and it has played a major factor in my deciding to purchase the car. With the help of the extensive information posted on the site, and the mailing list, I hope to restore the car, keeping it stock, so that it can be a big, beautiful highway cruiser once again.