Re: IML: scammers and the IML

richard burgess <lecrown60@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Saturday morning I put up an ad on the IML web page for a repro windshield that I am wanting to sell.  I have gotten a barrage of scam type e-mails.  I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it or not.
The best thing to do is to educate oneself not to fall for these scams.  They happen all the time *everywhere* on the internet.  I have received scam emails related to eBay items, PayPal accounts, craigslist.org items, as well as the IML classifieds.

Sadly, it's a fact of online life.

You'll notice that on the IML classifieds homepage there's a big, red link for "Warning about Cashier's Check & Wire Transfer Scams"  This scenario is exactly the reason it's there.

The IML classifieds remain an excellent place for buyers and sellers to connect to find good homes for Imperials and Imperial parts.  As with ANY sales environment, both buyer and seller should be aware of potential problems such as these scams.

And for those of us who have been quite annoyed by these scams, there are websites such as http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/ that turn things around on the scammers.

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron