IML: scammers and the IML

Hi everyone,

Saturday morning I put up an ad on the IML web page for a repro windshield that I am wanting to sell.  I have gotten a barrage of scam type e-mails. The tip-offs are easy, impossible use of the english language and stupid questions that are plainly written in the ad.  I sell parts to people all over the world so am used to some grammer problems.  However, these responses are really quite obviously scams.  I am surprised to be getting so many as you would think the classifieds page on our web site would be somewhat obscure.  I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it or not.  I would hate to have the club have to limit viewing of classifieds to members only but we certainly do have a problem.  Just thought it was enough of a concern to be worth mentioning as it is certainly frustrating.  I am a pretty trusting guy and hate to think our hobby has been infiltrated by such scourge.  Thoughts?

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown
'60 LeBaron