Re: IML: Power Locks for '73

Darrell Smith <dssmithdc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Would the owners of the fuselage Imperials know where I could find the
mechanism and/or motors to install for power locks? My '73 is not
outfitted with the power lock option, but I am looking for a way to do
a conversion. Is the harness already in place, and it's just a plug
in situation? (I know, wishful thinking). I'd also need replacement
covers and switches for the arm rest console.
The wiring harnesses should already be in place.  So all you need to find would be the lock solenoids and linkage, as well as the switches and covers for the door panels.

The solenoid brackets are matched to the two different sides of the car, by the way.  So if you get them from a parts car, make sure you get the one from each side.
Also, looking for the motors for the back side windows on a 2 door coupe.
Most of the time, the original motors can be repaired or rebuilt.  The back ones are probably less used and may just be stuck.  When you activate the switch, do you hear any sort of noise from back there?  A clunk or thump indicates the motor is probably OK, but the regulator is probably gummed up.

Good luck,

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron