Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request f

Re: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request for insur

Most collector car insurance companies will insure your car for an "agreed value." You both agree what the value is, they charge the appropriate amount and if it gets totalled, you get what you both agreed it was worth.

For many years, I've been using American Collectors Insurance in New Jersey (800-360-2277). For $230 a year, I had an agreed value (on my TBird) of $30,500, 300,000 liability, no deductible comprehensive and no deductible collision and it came with towing and labor and spare parts. Most of these collector car insurance companies are going to be within a few bucks of each other's premiums for the same coverage.

I wouldn't mess around with a company that doesn't understand the peculiarities of collector cars. The rates are low because they KNOW you will take better care of your car than of your wife - therefore, they don't have to pay out as much.

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt
Las Vegas