From: "Clint and Laurie Carter"
Subject: Insurance thoughts (was Re: IML: costs in Mississippi, and request for insurance specifics)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:12:01 -0700

Michael, and others~

When we bought our '65 Crown Coupe we insured
it with State Farm. I was thrilled, because
like Fred, the premium for an antique car was
super low. Then the State Farm folks got the
pictures of the car and decided it wasn't an
antique, just old and the premium went up to
$1300/year. Part of their reasoning was that
the engine compartment was dirty and had not
been repainted! Also, the car had not been
restored. As I recall, State Farm did not have
restrictions on storage or use, although there
may have been a mileage cap.

We were not happy campers and have not renewed
the State Farm insurance. I would not recommend
State Farm as I feel their definition of
antique is screwy.

Laurie Carter
Ilwaco, WA USA
'65 Crown Coupe...his