Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:29 PM
Subject: IML: To custom or not to custom?

I recently bought a second 1960 Imperial 4 door custom (yesterday) I have
one in the middle of a full restore. It is a numbers matching all original.

The second I just got is the same. Bad news is the engine was full of water
over a winter. Cracks!!! Now the question.

Has anyone ever seen a custom built from a 60 Imperial?

If in my position would you purchase a new 413ci and kind of restore it? (I
say kind of because it would be a different engine.)

I ask because I am debating on making a hot rod that is similar to the
original to show side by side.  Paint them both the same and such.

Just wanted to hear some thoughts on this.

Thanks

Karl