Re: IML: 67 fendertag decode

Code M7N is indeed White leather with black fabric inserts for a '67 Crown
Coupe, so your tag seems correct, as least for the upholstery.

M7N was available with all paint colors except JJ1 Sepia metallic, and
always with a black vinyl roof canopy, and always with black paint stripes
(exception: white stripes with BB1 Formal Black paint).

The same interior on a Crown 4-door hardtop is M8N, and on the base Sedan,
you could get white vinyl with black fabric inserts as code M1N.

Dual exhaust was not officially available in 1967, but your car might be
late production, in which case it's anyone's guess (a number of allegedly
1968-only features crept into production during MY1967). I believe it was
paired with the high-performance engine option in 1968, though, meaning it
would show up in the VIN.

The standard (and officially only) original 1967 exhaust used a single
muffler under the passenger compartment plus a cylindrical resonator to the
right of the fuel tank, adjacent to the leaf spring. Any muffler shop of
merit should be able to locate a proper fitment for the resonator (even
Midas). The tailpipe will have to be custom-bent (again, any decent muffler
shop...) and should arch up from the resonator and then back down behind the
rear bumper, then be cut off at an angle so that the tailpipe is not visible
unless you crouch down and look. That's the correct look for a luxury car,
and the sound will befit its soft-spoken power as well.

The exhaust hangers should ensure that there is very little side-to-side
motion allowable, preventing it from striking the nearby spring or fuel tank
during the normal driving of the car over bumps, etc.

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon