To: <peter.brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:13 AM
Subject: the weatherstrip

Hi,Cant answer your 63 query but on ebay parts under 65 Imperials there is listed from the same seller item 4632923218 for $20 and 4632937791 for $25. Im almost prepared to borrow money and bet they are exactly the same. Why anyone would pay $25 instead of $20 beats me.Someone has put a bid on the$20 item so let him have it, they will relist. They most likely have miles of it. Why not ask them a question and see if it will fit your car?
Cheers Geoff Simpson

Hello again IML-ers

Q:1 Can somebody please confirm whether the rubber trunk seal on e-Bay, Item number: 4632878163 is correct for a 63 Imperial?? Or similar??
This seller does show a cross section which is helpful but it doesn't appear to match my existing seal. Although my seal is probably a bit crushed flat I also think it may have been installed up side down, which is not helping with the identification.

Q: 2 Looking at the sellers X/Sec, would I be correct in thinking that as the way up it appears on the screen that the bottom of the X/Sec would glue to the Car body and that the trunk opening would be on the left of the X/Sec meaning the weather would approach it from the right??

Any views or replies would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Peter H

63 LeBaron in NZ

P.S. Replaced my headlight switch last week and now my Electroluminescent instruments glow beautifully although the needles don't. I also got my clock working with a little lubricant ----Yeh !
Can't wait to drive her at night.