From: Jeff Ingraham <jeff_ingraham@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Car Phones?
 My 65 Ghia Limo has a Princess phone in the back
seat arm-rest.  I don't know how it worked but it is
still mostly intact.
My car came from New york City.
Jeff Ingraham
--- Alex Krasicky <krasicky49451@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,
There are several 1960 Imperial ads that feature
radio car phones. Just out of curiosity (and because
I collect antique telephones):
Has anyone ever come across an Imperial with a car
phone installed? Motorola units were popular among
the rich and famous in the 1960s and early 1970s.
What modifications are necessary to install one on
the dash? I know the main receiver component is
installed in the trunk (and weighs around 50 lbs).
Because there are no operators to connect radio
phones to land lines anymore, I am playing with the
idea of how to make such a phone actually work today
in a car.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
-Alex K.