Re: IML: Car Phones?

Alex Krasicky <krasicky49451@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are several 1960 Imperial ads that feature radio car phones. Just out of curiosity (and because I collect antique telephones):
The earliest ad I know of is for the '56 Imperial, and is one of my favorites: http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1956/Ads/56ImpCows.jpg
Has anyone ever come across an Imperial with a car phone installed? Motorola units were popular among the rich and famous in the 1960s and early 1970s.
The 1964 Ghia Crown Imperial Limousine formerly owned by Cecil McCall had been equipped with a car phone.  The imprint of the unit was still visible in the trunk, and the antenna was still attached to the deck lid, when it was filmed at the 1999 Atlanta Meet -- http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Atlanta1999/index.htm
The antenna and the impression of the unit are shown in the video of the meet at http://www.imperialclub.com/Events/Atlanta1999/FullVideo/

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

The Imperial Bookshelf - Repair/Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More!

My Collection of Imperials
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
1970 Imperial LeBaron