Re: IML: Braking Tests

Hi All....relating to brakes for an Imperial, I saw an ad in the latest Hemmings for some HD drums for muscle cars that were supposed to stop the vehicles in much shorter distances than the standard brakes could. Now, i know our Imperials are not considered 'muscle cars' per say, but has anyone heard of, or know of, these heavy duty-type drum sets? I think I saw somwhere else a similiar ad that said the replacement brake shoes were 'ceramic'! I would think that this 'ceramic' brake shoe (whihc is probably a much harder material than even the old asbestos shoes) would wear out the brake drums (which can be VERY costly!! to replace) much sooner than otherwise would be the case. This may indeed provide shorter stopping distances but with the cost of getting new brake drums, maybe not the best solution, IF, IN FACT THIS IS HOW the ceramic's function. If anyone has any info please let me know. You can email me direct if you want as the rest of the IML has probably tired of this thread already. (dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Thanks all!!!
Dan Melnik