IML: 73 in the dark, Part Deux

Thanks to everyone for their advice...I took the vent control plastic cover off and found the red wire in the plastic connector was melted, so I jumped it and still nothing.According to Elijah, the ignition switch is probably bad, so I am now looking for a new one. I checked NAPA Online, and they only have the not T&T column one available..being the T&T column was made by GM...(yes, it's true..) would a GM switch be the same, or would the plug be different?

Thanks,

Jerry
In the dark