Re: IML: AirTemp stickers

Bill & Tami,

I know nothing about 1966 Imperials, but I do know a few things concerning 1968's.  On 1968's the sticker you mention was placed at the lower right edge of the rear window if the car had air conditioning.  If the car was a convertible with air conditioning, this same sticker was located on the lower part of the right rear window.

The switch on the dash meant rear air only if the car was equipped with front and rear air conditioning, and it only adjusted the speed of the rear blower, all other air conditioner operation was from the front unit, such as temperature, front blower speed and windshield defrost.

The switch on the dash was still labeled rear air even if the car had no rear air conditioning, but had a blower for rear window defrost.  On cars without rear air conditioning or rear defrost, this switch was not installed.

If the car was equipped with rear air conditioning, it could not be equipped with rear window defrost, so it was one or the other.  The outlets for the rear air or rear defrost were quite different, as the air conditioning outlets were adjustable, the rear defrost vents were not.

Bill/Imp, 68's