Re: IML: Imperial Price Guide

When the new issue came in, I briefly compared the new
to the old before the old was replaced by Steve.

Far as I can tell, they are working off some sort of
formula that wratchets up the value $20 a month or
something.

It's a guide.  Does not have anything to do with
actual market conditions, good taste, or anything
else.  Someone is making a good living with it, I
guess.

The website occasionally gets queries about value.
The thing that stumps me is how much weight folks will
give a source like that without consulting other
places to see if it makes sense.

It's only a guide.  Use it to your advantage if you
can when buying or selling, but disregard if you get a
better price or lower asking amount in your favor!

-Kenyon
196o owner
No 1968 (yet)

--- r.villanueva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Looking at the price guide for Imperials on the
> club's web site I cannot
> understand how or why a 1968 LeBaron is listed at
> $21,500 when a 1960 LeBaron
> Southampton is worth (according to the list-these
> are prices forcondition 1
> cars) $23,500!, now; no Imperialist could say with a
> straight face that a '68
> is so desirable that it is nearly on par with a
> '60!. How about a 1957 Ghia
> Limousine for $32,000 (again, condition 1), or the
> huge price difference
> between a 1970 and 1971 4-door LeBaron?- $15,000 and
> $8,000 respectively, they
> are nearly identical cars for goodness sake!.
> Whoever comes up with these
> valuations needs a reality check and see the real
> advertised prices for
> Imperials, 7,000 odd mile 1963 LeBaron listed on
> e-bay for around $17,000, is
> this particular car under-valued or are others
> over-priced?, are Imperials
> becoming so expensive that only a minority will be
> able to afford them in years
> to come?, perhaps it's time to decide to put that
> shiny metal masterpiece in the
> garage and watch them appreciate in value...

> response will be
> attachments) for the
> Administrators should be sent to
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx