Re: IML: Imperial Price Guide

Most value guides are based on what the cars actually sell for. That can be either through the want-ads or at auction. These days, Ebay has put another factor into the mix.

Because of this it is entirely possible that two nearly identical cars of different years could have values that are miles apart. When you think about it, this makes sense. In some cases, one year a car was very popular and enjoyed a high production sales year, while practically the same car offered the following year sold very few. Limited production can add a lot to the perceived value, especially for "investors".

Sometimes cars sell low, and sometimes they sell high. Asking prices mean absolutely nothing.

Paul W.