Re: IML: Another IML member survives Katrina

Great to hear about Patrick Moore! I've been thinking about him and his family and am glad to know they are okay. I had the opportunity to meet Patrick at our Midwinter Meet held (ironically) this past January in Biloxi, MS. He drove one of my cars and we had a great time cruising up and down Highway 90! Little did we realize how little time was left for that area!
From what I've seen on the news, it looks far worse than Hurricane Camille's
damage in '69. All storms since then have been compared to Camille and up until Katrina, not one even came close!

I have also just heard Mark Harris (an IML member) and his sister Donna (both of whom resided in New Orleans) are alive and doing okay. No one had spoken to them since early Monday morning and we were getting really worried as to their 'status'! Among Mark's varied collection of vintage vehicles, is a '60, a '62 and a '65 Imperial! We enjoyed Mark and Donna's company and their cars at both the Midwinter Meet in '04 and in Jan. of '05! Mark didn't mention anything about his cars so I'm assuming they are ok.

This disaster is one of EPIC proportions in our part of the country. But we are going to get through it, (some of us easier and quicker than others). I learned today, our '65 Crown is okay as well. So for those of you who have followed the restoration through its fits and starts, let me assure you, it is going to be finished and 'Dash Riprock' will one day be cruising the streets of Mobile, AL (provided the gasoline is still available - LOL)!

Thanks to everyone for their emails and concern. We are okay and are getting better each day. Once we get our power (and cable) back, life will be a LOT better!

Greg McDonnell
(all of our cars made it through Katrina just fine)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugh & Therese" <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:42 AM
Subject: IML: Another IML member survivves Katrina

Hi, I heard from Patrick Moore who lives on the other side of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. I saw footage of his town on the news on Monday and it was a place you didn't want to be. Fortunately he and his family are OK.

Here is his message:

We evacuated. We're in Tallahassee. Apparently our town was spared flooding but the wind damage was bad. We haven't been able to find out anything about our house, but assume it's still there. We're going to attempt to return tomorrow, and of course won't be able to send news for a few days at least. There's no power, no phones and no service expected for a week at least.

I moved the Buick to the garage-bay next to the Imperial. It's a cinderblock building, as you may recall, and in a high spot in town. Barring tree damage, therefore, I'm hopeful that the Buick and the Imperial survived unscathed. I'll let you know when I can.

Patrick