Re: IML: 53 imp

A very nice '53 Imperial would be a very desirable car. Assuming that the car is in "perfect" condition, the value depends a lot on what particular model it is. I do not believe that there was ever a '53 Imperial Convertible (there was in '52, however), but if there had been this model would easily be worth more than a four door sedan. The most desirable '53 Imperial that I know of would be a Newport Two Door Hardtop. There are also some very rare sedans that were set up with divider window between the front and rear compartment. These were in addition to the long wheel base cars which are often this way.

How can you put a price tag on a genuine 18,000 mile car (if there is documentation to prove it)? A perfect two door hardtop could very easily be worth his price or more. This may be also true for one of the special "divider window" sedans. That would be high for a normal sedan, but if it really is what you say it is, and you want it, you won't go too far wrong. It would cost much more than that to make a bad one good. If it truely is a low miles original, they are ONLY that way once.

Parts are out there if you are willing to be patient and look. They can also be very expensive. That is true of any old car.

Paul W.