IML: welding castiron

I may have came up with an alternative "redneck" way to repair the cracked starter bolt holes in the block .

first I used a piece of paper to trace out the starter bolt pattern and then I transferd that to a 1/8th inch steel plate . ( I had to grind about 1/8th" away from the starter to makeup the offset the plate would cause, the starter had plenty of meet left to be strong enough to grind 1/8th away) I also made the plate a little larger so that I could drill the plat and block and bolt the plate to the block and then to the starter ( I will try to get some pics of the repair ). It all bolted up just great.. the engine will now start , I have started it up 3 times and it seems to be working.

thought if anyone else runs into this type of problem they maybe able to do what I did .  after I started the car I drove it around the block , and let me tell you after getting used to driving a little 4 cyl car around the past few weeks that 413 sure will putt a smile on you'r face.