Re: IML: Happiness is a Warm Stereo

On Sunday, July 31, 2005, at 11:36 PM, Dick Benjamin wrote:

Congratulations, Dave!

. . . My new truck has an 8 speaker Bose system, and it doesn't sound any better
than the 68's stereo. When you get the 8 track going, you're in for another
surprise - the sound is way better than the more modern cassette system -
very close to a modern CD player.

Dick Benjamin

I agree with that! People don't believe me, but the old 8 track systems-- when listened to in cars, at least-- were excellent. In fact, if it weren't for tape hiss (which you can't really hear over the other sounds of the car once you get moving), I'd say it was better!

The windshield also helps that center speaker, providing a kind of reverberation chamber that makes it sound better.

Mark