Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 9:51 PM
Subject: IML: ?1960 2DR'S LEFT

Probably true that two door hardtops have been used as parts donors for convertibles. Saving the cvt chassis and the cross bar at the top of the windshield and the section where the top drops is all you need if you have a real rust bucket. Then drop a rust free solid hardtop onto the chassis, cut off the metal top, weld in the windshield header from the cvt and the cvt tub and, voila, a solid ready to restore cvt requiring lots less bodywork. that's radical surgery but probably parts of coupes have gone to make solid cvts. as well. Too bad, as the roof line on the two door coupes is beautiful. They look like they're in motion or at least poised and ready to take off.

The radical surgery has been done more than once, I'm sure.

Henry Hopkins
----- Original Message ----- From: Longramx2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 6:46 PM
Subject: IML: HOW MANY 1960 2DR'S LEFT

Since buying my 60 2dr coupe I've kinda took a mental note of 2dr coupe's as I learn of them, and have only counted about twelve or thirteen. I've always wondered how many are left ? another thing I've noticed is that while there were far fewer convertibles built, there seems to be more of them left. My theory is that convertibles were far more likely to be saved than coupes ,and while on the subject the convertible on ebay looks to have great potential if everyting I own was'nt a project already I'd surely be a bidding

MICHAEL PRESSLEY
everything I got either came from a junkyard or belongs in one.