Re: IML: 318 oiling issue

Thanks Dick B, you saved me a ton of typing. Its the rocker arm, the oiling hole in the rocker isnt indexed with the one in the head so it isnt getting past out thru the rockers. My first thought was a cam bearing indexed improperly, but unless the cam bearings were replaced thats not the issue. Otherwise the analysis of the oiling system flow is spot on, which leads to the rocker shaft orientation.

Quite often people will remove the shaft and rockers as a unit and then just bolt them back on later, that makes it a little harder to get them out of sync. IF...if they were removed and disassembled then the likelyhood of the shaft itself being incorrectly oriented increases. At this point, id look at that shaft first and while I was at it, also make sure the rockers are oriented properly on the shaft - though that will not affect the oiling, there is a definite left and right relationship of the rocker arms on the shafts.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe