Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:59 AM
Subject: RE: IML: Head Lights

at Steve B.

Very strange that the factory did use a relay for the horns, but not for
the headlights.
I wonder why ?

Robert

1960 Imperial Crown 4 door HT

You can get the halogen version of your lights off the shelf at most any
auto parts store.  You might consider adding a headlight relay if you are
going to change the bulb type.  Adding the relay will give you brighter
lights by avoiding the voltage drop of the existing wiring and switch and
 also remove the load from your head light switch that is difficult to
replace.  The bad side of adding the relay would be that the draw of the
headlights would no longer be reflected on your amp gauge on the dash and
 could cause it to not alert you if you have charging system problems.

Steve B.