Re: IML: Head Lights

Thanks Steve B  I've Been afraid to try anything out of the ordinary Thank you John b 67 crown convert
----- Original Message -----
From: Steve B.
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:35 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Head Lights

    I have to thank the club and members for helping me find other parts I needed , I spent over $500. this week. I think my wife would think it would be cheaper if I had A girl friend        John 67 crown convert ruby red

You can get the halogen version of your lights off the shelf at most any auto parts store.  You might consider adding a headlight relay if you are going to change the bulb type.  Adding the relay will give you brighter lights by avoiding the voltage drop of the existing wiring and switch and also remove the load from your head light switch that is difficult to replace.  The bad side of adding the relay would be that the draw of the headlights would no longer be reflected on your amp gauge on the dash and could cause it to not alert you if you have charging system problems.

                Steve B.