Re: IML: Original/Customized

All of my Imperials (1955 through 1968) are totally original, yet I would not consider any of them to be garage ornaments. Some of them need more work to make them completely road worthy, even though they all run and drive. I don't feel that conversions from original style systems, to conglomerations of modern parts are necessary to accomplish this goal.

That said, what ever someone wants to do to their own car to make it the way that they want to is their business. I think it is most important to make sure that what ever has been done is documented, so that a future owner can figure out how to maintain/repair it. A conversation with a fellow "Imperialist" this morning reminded me that none of us really "owns" anything, but rather pay for the privilidge to preserve it for the next purchaser.

Every car will find another owner whether stock, mild custom, or wild custom, as long as it is well kept and loved.

Paul W.