Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 11:12 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1954 Crown Imperial Limousine-WPC meet 2005

Liberties taken in restoration? Sounds more like mutilation to me much like that 75' Imperial on Ebay that had the fake exhaust pipes sticking out of the fenders. Those limousines are extremely rare, to fit one with Chebby brakes and the incorrect drivetrain goes beyond reasoning. Besides when did Suburbans come out with anything other then drums on the back. When you have a car produced in only three digits, with unique features such as the Ausco-Lambert disk brakes, they should be preserved not "Restified". This is almost as bad as taking a Ghia Limo and chopping the roof. I just hope that your friend put the original pieces away somewhere so it can be changed back.
Best Regards
A. Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Will be restored to original factory spec mechanically.
----- Original Message ----- From: mopar48291@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 9:51 PM

Randy;
The car you saw on the street belongs to John Lloyd of Santa Monica. I don't know why he didn't enter the car in the show, but I don't think he was able to stay for long. It is a beautiful and impressive car and is just as nice to drive as it is to look at. I know as I drove the car at one of the Southern California Imperial Owners Club statewide meets a few years back. John took some "liberties" in restoring the car as it has 4 wheel disc brakes from a Chevy Suburban and a later 392 cid Hemi and Torqueflite along with a steering column and wheel from a '65 Chrysler. Your daughters have good taste!
Cheers,
Roger
Phoenix, AZ