Re: IML: 8 Track Monaural vs 8 Track with Multiplex Option

Re: IML: 8 Track Monaural vs 8 Track with Multiplex Option

Dick,

I have a 68 convertible with the multi-plex stereo radio.  As far as I can tell, this car has four speakers, one on the top of the dash, one between the rear seats, and a small one on each door, mounted low, close to the floor and toward the front.  The bottom fourth of the door is finished with the ribbed metal. This car does not have the eight track tape player, but I have one that I hope to install in the future.

It is my understanding that the eight track tape player could be used with any of the three radios offered in 68, the AM, AM/FM, and the Multi Plex Stereo (check 68 brochure).  Also, the small speakers on the doors were used with other radios besides the stereo system, guess to give a more balanced sound.

Bill/Imp, 68's