Re: IML: Amber Lenses

The federal regulation only stipulates that front turn signals *illuminate*
amber, so it can be done via the lens or the bulb. Many automakers chose to
retain the white lenses, but it required their bulb suppliers to be ready
for the new law as well. Amber bulbs were not common prior to 1963.

Front parking lamps, by the way, can illuminate white or amber. (Some cars
have separate lamps for these, such as my '67 Imperial, so they need not
match the turn signals' color).

--
Chris in LA
67 Crown