Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Two tone paint/ 1961 now 1960

I stand corrected on this one. They refer to the style of the roof as a "landau" roof. They refer to the one with stainless inserts as a "silvercrest landau roof". It doesn't mention any other name for the two tone paint treatment. I've seen a fair amount of 60's over the years, but don't recall ever seeing one with a 2 tone roof.
John
----- Original Message ----- From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:13 PM

Actually, 1960 offered two tone paint as an option. This was applied to the roof inserts. There were three things that the roof inserts could be. They could be the same color as the rest of the car (thus no two tone), stainless steel inserts (called Silvercrest), or they could be a contrasting color to the body (two tone). The two tone paint scheme had a name also. I believe that it is shown and described on the page in the 1960 Sales Brochure that illustrates a dark metallic green Crown Sedan with pale green roof inserts.

Paul W.