Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:09 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: AAJ Brake conversuions update

I have just had a talk with Roger at AAJ Brakes about his Imperial kit.

Apparently, the present kit uses a standard Imperial bolt pattern and not the 4 1/2" Chrysler pattern. Roger assured me the regular road wheels will fit.

In addition the rotors are 12" vented units although the calipers are GM parts.

I also called a guy I know in the UK who has bought and fitted an AAJ kit (admittedly on a Chrysler 300E with 11" rotors)  and asked him this specific question:- "Was the conversion a genuine improvement from the original drum brakes?" His answer was that it made a significant difference. His exact words were "a touch on the brake pedal and it will stand on its nose"

On the face of it I think it is worth the risk and I will probably order the kit. I will keep you guys informed of my progress and the results.

Many thanks to everyone who offered opinions and advice.

Best wishes,

Tony V