Re: IML: Fwd: Your 1964 Imperial LeBaron

Re: IML: Fwd: Your 1964 Imperial LeBaron

evidence of year of manufacture, I do not recommend that anybody send Rene
a copy of a title.  Something about this request just does not sit right.
There are enough American-made cars registered in Europe that each
country's version of the DMV should be able to answer the year of
manufacture question.  I presume they are able to read a standard reference
book with photographs.

I do not know Rene.  However, I do have some advice for him/her, presuming
the question is legitimate.

First, look at the underside of the rear seat or, failing that, behind the
rear seat back.  You are likely to find the car's build sheet, which will
include the date of manufacture and may be cross referenced with the VIN on
the plate attached to the forward side of the driver's side door frame.

If there is no build sheet, you may send your VIN to:

Corporate Historical Collection
Walter P. Chrysler Museum
One Chrysler Drive
CIMS: 488-00-00
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

They will confirm date and location of first sale.  They also charge a fee
(less than $50).

-- David