RE: IML: Fuel problems continue.. On 66 Imp >Any great mechanics out the

RE: IML: Fuel problems continue.. On 66 Imp >Any great mechanics out there??

I generally agree with the principal of testing things before throwing a lot of new parts at the car. In the case of a '66 Imperial that is having fuel delivery problems, however, I would rather know that the tank was clean, and the fuel line, flex-line, filter, and pump were all brand new and functioning perfectly. Once all of those things are known to be good, there is little else to cause that problem. All of these parts should be replaced or serviced in this old of a car anyway. There also could certainly be more than one problem here to deal with. I view this alomst like an old fashion tune up. When the parts reach a certain age they should be replaced whether they need it or not.

My experience with fuel pumps lately is that they usually go bad very soon, if they are old to start with. I am not sure if there is something in today's fuel that is doing it, but I have also found that even new fuel pumps seem to fail on my modern cars quite regularly.

Paul W.