IML: Labor Day Weekend "Cascade Loop Tour" - 5th Annual Imperial road tr

IML: Labor Day Weekend "Cascade Loop Tour" - 5th Annual Imperial road trip in Washington State

Greetings all Imperialists, former Imperialists, or owners of lesser, but no less fun, Marques,

After driving down to Florence, OR for the Rhody Days Festival and Imperial meet, which was a huge success, it seemed to me that it was high time we WA State Imperial owners got off our collective ass, err, umm…rear ends, yes, rear ends, and revived the annual WA State “Cascade Loop Tour”!  Although this has in the past traditionally been held over the Forth of July weekend, which is not always a weekend and proves problematic for many to attend.  I, in my infinite wisdom (I am a legend in my own mind), have decided to move this event to Labor Day weekend, which is always a 3 day weekend and should enable more people the pleasure to attend.

This year Labor Day weekend falls on Saturday September 3rd, thru Monday September 5th, 2005.  Please give this your immediate and thoughtful consideration and then respond with a resounding “YES, I will attend this historic and memorable event!”, or “No, due to (Whatever lame excuse you can come up with) I will not be able to attend, darn it!

Although the name derives from the 2001 tour where we actually did drive the Cascade Loop hwy, we have also taken different paths in subsequent years, and even traveled to different states.

It has been my thought that a trip that starts in the Seattle/Everett/Tacoma area on Saturday 9/3 and goes west via either the Bainbridge ferry, or a drive down Hwy 99 to Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Bremerton, out to the coast, up around Port Angeles, back down to Port Townsend for one night at least.  Then collectively take the Kingston Ferry over to Whidbey Island, tool about and drive over Deception Pass and then a drive down Chuckanut Drive in the Skagit Valley, and finally back to Seattle would make a nice trip.  With this basic schematic of a 3-day trip, suggestions for events, places of interest, restaurants, and motels are all open for consideration.  Some folks may want to drive to Seattle on Friday in order to be able to start out fresh Saturday morning.

This has always been a fun way to meet many new people you may only have heard from on the list, which gives you the chance to meet fellow Imperialists in the flesh, or owners of other fine motorcars and make new friends.  Imperials are not required, but encouraged if you own one.  If you do and it is having “issues”, please feel free to bring your daily driver, another car of special interest, or ride along with someone you know.  Some people have moved on from Imperials to other motorcars of particular interest to them, and all are welcome.  Diversity is the spice of life!  I know of a 56 T-Bird, a ’63 T-Bird, and even a 2005 Chrysler 300 (with all wheel drive and a GPS to be sure we do not drive into the ocean by taking a wrong turn!), or a possible, if not assuredly, a ’65 Mustang with the EXTREMELY RARE front BENCH seat!

This event is a family affair, so round up the kiddies, or someone else’s kiddies (please be sure to let the parents know you are borrowing their children for the weekend as to avoid any embarrassing, and time wasting “Amber Alerts”, which may halt our progress if traced to our caravan), or even kitties in my own case.  Schroeder, the Maine Coon cat who allows me entrance to his humble quarters, was such a hit at Rhody days and such a good sport about the whole indignity of being subjected to throngs of admirers, would be attending this event too.  In fact, Schroeder is, at this very moment grooming himself in preparation of this adventure filled, thrilling event!  Either that or he is just bored.  With cats, you never know just what they are thinking, but you can be sure it involves sheer, utter and complete contempt…unless it’s meal time, then they are all nice, nice, lovey feely…then back to contemptuous after their belly is full.

Please remember, this may be an Imperial event, but an Imperial is not a pre-requisite!  Encouraged, but not required!  We have had in the past a Jeepster, Country Squire Wagon, ’61 Dodge Phoenix Convertible, a Porsche, as well as other various and sundry fossil fuel powered vehicles.

It is also worth noting that if you are not able to attend the entire three days, but can make it two days, or even just meet up somewhere along the way for a shared meal, and mutual admiration of others autos, tire kicking, or whatnot, that is swell too!

I am happy to act as coordinator for this event, but could certainly and would appreciate any help pulling this together!

If you are interested, please respond to me privately, as in NOT the entire list, so as not to plug up everyone’s inbox.  I shall tally the responses, and share the outcome results.  I am sending this to the WA State Imperial Club list first, plus a few other classic car owners, or aficionados who may like the opportunity to join in what is always a fun filled weekend!  I am also forwarding this message to the general IML mailing list to troll for any interested attendees.

Please consider this, and get back to me as early as you are able with your confirmation of attendance, or unfortunate decline to attend, so I (we) can plan ahead to have a fun route, interesting event stops, lodging, and restaurants to enjoy along the way!

OK people, let us get this show on the road, and pull our collective acts together for the “Cascade Loop Tour ‘05”!  Rah, rah, yeah, go team!

Wm. R. Ulman

Seattle, WA

'66 Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day

'95 Buick Roadmaster – Rock (Roadmaster) Hudson

twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx

GIF image