IML: Have you wanted to own a cherry '62? - See US Mint

IML: Have you wanted to own a cherry '62? - See US Mint

I got one last night that has a serious engine problem
and needs seats/carpet/paint to be a serious car, not
much else at all (and yes, there is quite a bit right
other than those items).  Chrome, door panels,
headliner, rust-free body, pit-free chrome make this
guy worth considering.  Do the repairs and the car is
worth at least $6k, and you will likely be into it for
far less if you do the work yourself.

http://imperialclub.com/temp/Kenyon/1962/
(special bonus in that file: the brown '61 is already
at Lowell's place, so don't let him tell you he
doesn't have the parts you see on that one...)

People here talk about "saving" cars from the jaws of
demo guys, and I did just that last night.  This car
got stares while being trailered back.  I was told
that it ran fine and the starter was fried.  New
starter today started the car right up and there was
the knock...  Either a sticky valve or a tossed rod.
I may open it up to chase it, but I'm offering the car
cheap right now in an effort to move it out of here.
Please tell your pals - there is zero cancer/rot
anywhere.  Looks like a 12-year old car, not a 40 year
old car.

I want to get out of it with my hide.  I am in $1100
and will offer it here for exactly that before trying
other venues or taking the top end apart and chasing
the noise.  Worst case scenario is that it goes to
Lowell, but I hate to think of this car being
dis-mantled.  It needs work but is all there and ready
for some time to be invested.  The color really grew
on me.  I thought it was white when I got it at 10pm
last night, so it's a verylight green.

Car has been named US Mint.  What it's worth?  What it
will cost to own?  Both? Double Entendre there.  I
personally guarantee that it is in "MINT" Condition,
but beauty is only skin deep.

Write to me directly at imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx if
interested, and yes, if you only hit REPLY on your
email browser you'll send your direct message to
everyone here, which is considered bad form, so please
send a seperate message to: imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx
if interested.  Car is in the SF Bay Area.

Kenyon Wills