Re: IML: IML DIGEST

Does anyone have any idea how to remove the 2 chrome pieces above the exhaust pods on the rear of a '55 Imperial?  We've loosened the screws from inside the trunk, but there seems to be a catch somewhere or a secret hook for the outer chrome piece.  We think it's caught or fastened inside the lower rear fancy, ribbed chrome piece that goes behind the rear wheel well to the rear bumper.  It looks like the piece in question slides inside the ribbed piece but we can't figure out what to do.  By the way, anyone needing their exhaust pods worked on may find help here in Atlanta!  Mine are being done, I hope!!!  They finally rusted through about 2 months ago.  Thanks in advance for your help.
David Frye
'55 Imperial