Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 10:17 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1938 c19 tapered axle bearing

Looking for some advice, I'm going over the rear axle on the coupe, I have excessive axle end play. The bearing race for the outer axle bearing should be a tight press fit. I can quite easily tap it in and out of it's seat. This is all that keeps the rear axle from walking out of the housing. Has anyone run into this on their tapered axles? As far as I can see all I have for an alternative is knurl the seat of the race or weld it in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 Thanks, Charlie