From: <DAWIWH@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Leather Seat Treatment

Hi Paul,

Several years ago I attended a national meet of the Rolls-Royce Owner's
Club.  At the event I signed up for a workshop given by a gentleman who
owned a
company involved in high dollar auto restorations.  During  that workshop he
introduced us to a company named Leatherique (_www.leatherique.com_
(http://www.leatherique.com) ) that has two products  that will turn
cardboard like
leather back glove soft with a little time and  patience.  The two products
are
Rejuvinator Oil and Prestine Clean.  I  have used their products on all my
cars
with leather interiors with unmatched  results by any other product.  I
would
strongly suggest you give them a  try.  The products are all natural.  If my
memory serves me  correctly I think we have several list members who have
mentioned their success  with Leatherique products before.
I have a 1967 Lincoln convertible which has an all original leather
interior
in perfect shape due to these products.  When I bought the car the  leather
was very hard, but perfect in every other way.  I was able to  rescue the
interior with repeated treatments.  I have found letting the car  sit in the
sun
with windows rolled up after having applied the Rejuvinator Oil  will speed
up
the softening process.  This was recommended to me by the  company's owner,
but
I don't think you will find it in their instructions on  line.
You mentioned silicone products.  Later that same week while I was at  that
national meet, the fellow who was conducting the workshop I  mentioned was
having a very detailed conversation with me  during which he made clear his
distaste for silicone interior  products. It was his opinion you should
NEVER use
silicone on leather or  vinyl.  He felt so strongly about it that he had a
sign
in his shop which  read if an employee brought a silicone product into his
shop they would be  fired.

Take care,

David Whitfield
North Carolina