Re: IML: Anyone know the difference between 55/56 Imperial tail lites?

Re: IML: Anyone know the difference between 55/56 Imperial tail lites?

Sorry Ted, you must have two assemblies from the same year. The '55 and '56 tail lights are completely different, even the lenses.

The gas fill access is totally different as well. In '55 a part of the chrome base on the right side swings open. On '56, a small part of the chrome base is attached to the top of a fender extension that swings open to same.

Paul