Re: IML: Anyone know the difference between 55/56 Imperial tail lites?

Re: IML: Anyone know the difference between 55/56 Imperial tail lites?

Hello-

I just went out to the garage with a complete '56 Imp tail light assembly including the chrome base, and held it next to the tail light assembly on my '55 Imp. I can see no difference whatsoever. Of course, the 55 has a gas filler cap on the right tail light base support, while the left side doesn't. I don't know if the gas filler on a '56 Imp is the same or located elsewhere on the fender. Too many years have passed, can't remember! The two years have identical assemblies. including lenses as far as I can see, at least for the left side of the car.

Anyone else??                                                   TED