IML: '70 Imperial Coupe bucket seat interior IS in the '70 300 Hurst, so

IML: '70 Imperial Coupe bucket seat interior IS in the '70 300 Hurst, sort of a Carmel color as only one color scheme was offered on the '70 300 Hurst. That is probably what the ill-informed writers meant.

I believe that at least in part, what they may have meant to say was that
the '70 300 Hurst DID IN FACT have the Imperial Coupe interior, and seats,
but somehow they also got a console shifter to fit with the Imperial bucket
seats.  If you look up a '70 300 Hurst you will see this is the case.  The
'69 & I THINK '70 300's were also offered in convertible form, but without
the Imperial luxury interior. Maybe only '69 was a convertible, but I think
'70 was as well.  If the frame is the same on both models, Chrysler was nuts
not to offer and Imperial Convertible those two years!

When I was considering selling Doris, I contacted Jeff Carter about whether
or not he was yet willing to work on a post '66 Imperial, or still would not
touch them.  I mentioned I may take part of the proceeds from the '66 vert,
and buy a '69-'71 (possibly a '72, or '73) Imperial Coupe, and he told me to
either get one in MINT condition, as their value was still very low, and to
buy one and fix it up would not be very cost effective, unless it was just a
labor of love, and I could do most of the work myself.  He did suggest that
if I really liked the early fuselage styling, I should instead get a '70 300
Hurst, as their value is now really climbing, and it has the Imperial
interior, so I would get the best of both worlds.

Is the unit-body, or sub-frame on the '70 300, and '70 Imperial the same, or
different platforms?

Bill Ulman
Seattle, WA
'66 Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day