Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 4:42 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: heater core

Hi All 68 and 67 Imperial owners and list.

I have a question on the heater core.

Last year my heater core started to leak I thought that I had a fire in the dash vent but when I turned on the heat I got the sweet smell and fogged up window.

Now for my question how hard is it to get to the heater core.

And is there a good stop leak that I could put in and stop the leak  instead of pulling the dash if that is what I have to.

I did not get water on the floor so I do not think the leak is a big one.

I also want to put valves in the heater hose in case I get a leak out on the road so I can stop the flow of water if I can find a small enough valve so not to be seen.

Thank you for any help on this.

Bob Hanekamp