Re: IML: Why there are so MANY... coyotes and my own imp

Re: IML: Why there are so MANY... coyotes and my own imp

Viljar
   Back when I was looking for an old car to play with, before I bought the
54', I ran an ad in one of those classified ad newspapers, the ones in which
you can advertise for free. I received calls from several legitimate sellers
offering cars in various conditions and prices, one of which was a 1950
Chrysler Windsor with rechromed bumpers.
 One call was from what I will politely call a "hustler"whom I believe must
have made a habit of calling anyone up posting a want ad of that type since
he didn't even remember leaving me a message two days before. Anyhow he
offered to sell me that same Chrysler Windsor, for $2500 or something, what
he didn't know was that the actual owner of it had already called me and
offered it for $1600 OBO. The second car that the hustler offered was a 1951
New Yorker two door for $3000, the same NY'r that had been advertised in
that same ad paper for at least six months for $1800 obo. I instantly became
suspicious about these cars so I asked him where I could have a look at them
and ended up with some vague description about where he worked and not where
I could view the cars. I asked a friend of mine about whether hit was
illegal to do this and he told me that what the hustler was doing was acting
as an auto brocker and that you needed a license to do it legally in British
Columbia. I guess that the hustler thought that because I live 40 miles away
meant that I was in the bush and a sucker for it.
  So if you want to sniff out a coyote ask him if you can look at his wares,
if he says no or gives a load of BS, report him to the motor vehicle
department. It is interesting to note that U.S Customs now holds cars for
two days before permitting them to be exported, too many instances like
Tony's of "venture capitalists" exporting cars without the knowledge of
their rightful owners.
  I should mention for all of the good will in this club there was a former
member that attempted to act as a go between on some 54' Imperial parts
about two years ago. I sent him a list of parts that I had formally sent to
Kerry Pinkerton before one of his trips to Carlisle that included some
guidelines of what I was prepared to pay for each part. He immediately shot
back with some snide remark about not knowing about where I was but that I
would have to pay three of four times that amount for those parts in his
area. I guess he was disappointed about finding someone unwilling to pay his
300% markup on bits of pitted Korean chrome.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezel and other trim parts.

Viljar's Comments:
I see no political stuff here, just economical..

It's a big deal for me to buy imperial when 1 US dollar costs 11,5 local
currency or year back when it was 17 its 1,5 times cheaper:) + all the
ocean transport is also paid in $$$.

About those coyotes... When I first red that Tony Lindsey wrote.. I smiled
and recognised the individuals who import used US cars here in Estland.
I do not know how they work, but one thing i know often we can see they
claim to own the car they sell.. when actually they sell a car that they
saw on sale;)

for example dude is selling thiz car
http://www.usauto.ee/Tuleviku%20Autod/Mustang%2071/index.htm
Its clear that it does not belong to him, he has to take pictures of
interior through windows:D
though there is a paper on windshield that i guess is sayin for sale.

So the bottomline is they still exist..
but thanks to them we have many many us cars in our ground including my
imperial which is also  the seller said it belongs to him, but he
underestimated my detective skills and i knew it was still in a big lot
for sale;)

I did not care since i really wanted that car:)
some pictures:
http://www.usaraud.ee/?id=5_5_20_2
and a little diary with more pictures.. though all the info in my own
language:|
http://www.usaraud.ee/?id=15_47_48_2
And if abnybody wonders whathehell is thiz..
http://www.usaraud.ee/carlogpic/916823527e4541058d6d380785f25035.jpg
..it's just a quick hack to get home from local carshow where my fuelpump
went bye bye.
To get home I had to get a replavcement and the donor was
http://www.home.no/migreg/Bilder/Zaz-968m.jpg
That car itself costs about 50$ and the fuelpump is about 30$ thats the
best thing on it, can produce enough to allow e go wot:P

Viljar Mee