From: "Clint and Laurie Carter" <imperialschooner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: The '65 is home!
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:09:58 -0800

Gang~

We picked up the '65 Crown Coupe this morning. Clint drove it home and said it drives like a dream! He said it misses a little at 85 mph, though. The power seats work, one window works, and the power rear view mirror works. But it's so wet inside, the carpet squishes! It stinks, too. The carpet and the front seat need to be redone.

A few questions:

In order to get the inspection passed, we need to fix the horn. Any tips on trouble shooting this?

Also, the right glass that covers the headlights has been shattered (although it's still there). Any leads?

Are the 383/440 valve cover gaskets interchangeable with a 413?

The radio does not work - anyone repair these? It scans and has the floor switch, but there is no output. Suggestions?

I'm sure we'll have more questions as we tear into it. The seller told us not to remove the ignition key as the tumblers will fall. Well guess what, we removed it. Amazingly, the local NAPA here at the end of the world had a lock and tumbler for a '65 Imperial. We couldn't believe it! Clint says it looks the same as the one in his '65 Valiant.

Now the kicker - I called our insurance agent (State Farm) to get a quote. After explaining about Imperial as opposed to Chrysler, asking only for liability and uninsured motorist, using it as a daily driver and valuing it for what we paid for it, the quote came back at $6.60 a month! WOW!!

We are really excited!

Clint and Laurie Carter
'59 Crown "The Pink Lady"
'65 Crown Coupe, unnamed as yet...any thoughts?