Re: IML: Respect for "foreigners"

On Jan 27, 2005, at 4:32 PM, PNigelW@xxxxxxx wrote:

My experience has been anything but that in the US, I cant get information,
people who have it wont share it, I cant get parts, even if I advertise...yet I
know the bits I need to finish the car are there.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been getting a lot of private e-mails that basically say the same thing, and I'm shocked. I'm getting to hear some pretty bad anti-USA stereotyping, too, folks. Time for a reality-check!

As I've said in recent messages, I've had bad experiences with folks trying to get my cars away from me for their own profit. Those cars went overseas to Europe, eventually ending up in happy hands, and I wish that I still had those cars nearby to enjoy. Honestly, I don't like being the only person in San Diego (the sixth largest city in the USA) who still has a tailfinned Imperial convertible. There used to be LOTS of them until the Coyotes arrived.

I could have chosen to be bitter and shut down all lines of communication with overseas folks, creating an "ALL-USA-ONLY club". I chose not to - This discussion-list and website was always intended to make information freely available, planet-wide, to anybody who dearly loves Imperials, as works of craftsmanship, luxury and art.

So, if you have been feeling like the folks in the USA have been stingy, stoopid or just plain stubborn when it comes to being your friends, mentors or resources, please remember those of us in the USA who have created a banquet of wisdom that has always remained free and bountiful. Thanks to the Webmonsters team, the imperialclub.com website is the largest, non-commercial automotive website on earth that I know of... nearly 100,000 hand-crafted pages, images and movie clips, taking up 19 gigabytes, and constantly growing. It's mirrored by the Smithsonian Institute and the Library of Congress. Those Ford and Chevy folks can't even BEGIN to compete.

This discussion-list is open to all who are honest car-nuts, and who know how to play nicely together. If there had EVER been any bashing of Imperial owners outside the USA on this list, then the responsible, respectable folks on the ImpComps team have ended it immediately. It's a guaranteed safe space.

This group and our treasured archives were created with the motto:

"Information Shared is Wisdom Multiplied".

So, quit yer griping - We love you, and treat you like full equals HERE, if nowhere else! :->