IML: Can this '53 be saved?

Hi, gang --

Seems like all the good cars come out of the woodwork for good prices this
time of year.  'Course, I can't buy them all, as much as I'd like to.
Today I saw an ad that didn't even say "Imperial" in it and called anyway.
Come to find out it's a '53 four-door Imperial.  Don't know which one yet,
but dying to find out.  I'm going to look at it this weekend.

The owner says she and her husband previously restored a '38 Imperial which
they took on their honeymoon, and he drove the '53 to its current location
in 1997.  Sadly, he died before he was able to restore it, and it's been
sitting outside since.  She says it is complete and intact and has not been
wet on the inside.

I have been focusing on '90s and '60s Imperials, so I don't know what to
look for or look at.  Any suggestions on how to determine whether the '53
can be saved?  What questions should I ask?  Is the price guide on the web
site close enough to use for value?

Thanks,

David