RE: IML: 1959 imperial pictures

Title: Message
I took the pictures 2 weeks before I bought the car and when I paid for the car $600. I had a rollback come and tow her for me , before the rollback had even got there , I jacked up the car to swap out the flat tires, so she would roll and not be dragged on to the roll back, I wanted to see if the brake shoes were stuck so after I jacked her up and removed the wheels and used a set of ford truck wheels . I hit the drums square with a lug wrench and shook it hard and the drum came off, the car only sat there for close to 2 years so she hadn't sank in the ground much.

Henry:
    The rear drum came off when you removed the wheel?  If so then your car has the wrong rear axle.  The '59 rear axle uses a tapered drum and axle with a castle nut holding it alltogether.  It takes a serious puller and lots of patience to get those back drums off.

                  Steve B.