Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 8:31 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Disk Brake Conversion Rant

All I can say is that if you're as good an engineer as
Chrysler Corporation was when your car was built, do
the research, publish a white paper, and start
producing the parts for a conversion so that the other
folks that want to do it can have the benefit of your
knowledge.  If it's good enough to be lawsuit-proof,
it's probably pretty good.

All I know is that I'm not an engineer and I hate math
with a passion, and that there are many complex things
to take into consideration on a disc brake conversion
that are beyond my limited grasp because they vary
from model to model of car even, and that my car was
engineered for the brakes that it has and that's good
enough for me.  My life's too complicated as it is
without experimentation on my brake system.

Many things get discussed here.  People moaned about
how hard Budd discs are to get and what they would do
do for a shot at a set.

I went out and bought 10 sets.  Guess what?  I sold a
pair to one member.  Everyone else clammed up when it
was time to stop talking and do.

I mean this in the nicest way possible:  Go for it.
Do the conversion.  The club website will be happy to
host pictures and instructions if you write them and
lead the way.  Otherwise this is just debate about
what is theoretically possible.

-Kenyon

--- Ken & Tracie <ktjosephson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I posted it here so: